Congratulations! You’ve made a wise choice by choosing Lunette! Before you begin using your cup, let’s run through some basics to get you acquainted with your new device. Before first use, check that the air holes at the top of your cup are open. Wash your hands and clean the Lunette cup by washing with water and a mild soap. Then boil it in a large pot for 20 minutes before first use. TIP: Place the cup in a wire whisk to prevent contact with the bottom of the pan during boiling, which could damage the cup.
First, wash your hands with a mild, un-perfumed soap and water. When using the cup for the first time, you can lubricate it with water or a water-based lubricant to aid insertion.
Fold Lunette in on itself as shown in the picture. To do this squeeze the cup flat then fold it in half so that the rim makes a ‘C’ shape as illustrated here. Two other fold options are illustrated here: the ‘punch down’ and 'triangle' fold.
Hold Lunette firmly in its folded position and guide it rim-first into the vagina.
You can insert Lunette while sitting, standing or squatting; spreading your legs will facilitate insertion. You‘ll find the correct position in the vagina by practicing and getting to know your own anatomy. Unlike a tampon, the cup is positioned in the lower part of vagina, but beyond the pelvic bone. In order to avoid leaks, make sure that the cup has opened properly by rotating the cup after insertion.
To remove Lunette, first wash your hands in clean water and relax your muscles. Break the seal by squeezing the bottom part of the cup until you feel or hear the suction release. Now gently rock the cup from side to side while pulling down. Be sure not to pull it out by the tab alone – this will cause the contents to spill and may cause discomfort. Always pull the cup out while pinching the ridged bottom of the cup. Be careful not to damage the tab or cup with your nails. Tip the contents into the lavatory.
Rinse and Re-use
Lunette should first be rinsed in cold water, so that menstrual blood does not stain the cup or cause odors. Then, wash Lunette carefully in warm water and soap to clean it sufficiently before reinsertion. Use mild, perfume-free soap for washing or try our Lunette cup wash. When water is not available it’s okay to wipe the cup with toilet paper and/or a Lunette Cupwipe. You can give it a proper wash the next time.
When your period is over, wash Lunette carefully and store it in its own satin bag for proper ventilation, and never store it in an airtight plastic container or bag. Lunette should be cleaned before and after your cycle, and after emptying. Should any problems occur, please contact your distributor by phone or email, or the manufacturer by email,firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358 50 3554 064, or visit our FAQ-section!
- Replace Lunette when any signs of damage are observed
- Lunette should sit in the lower vagina as a receptacle for blood and cellular lining which the uterus naturally sheds via the cervix during menstruation. If the cervix is obstructed, you could experience severe cramping
- Lunette is not a contraceptive device nor can it be used during sexual intercourse
- Lunette does not protect its user from sexually transmitted diseases
- Remember to wash your hands carefully when handling Lunette
- Don’t use Lunette for more than 12 hours at a time without washing it properly
- Remove Lunette and contact a physician if you experience symptoms such as general pain, burning, irritation, inflammation in the genital area, or discomfort during urination
- Keep Lunette away from children and pets